← Previous Change
Next Change →
side by side
lines around each change
White space changes
02/13/08 02:17:11 (5 years ago)
= Goals =
* Ease of administration.
* Adding, altering and removing monitors for large sets of machines should be trivial.
* Simple to ascertain what is monitored and whether or not the monitoring system itself is meeting its contracts.
* Small, tight and deployable on any unix variant.
* All reconfiguration can be performed in-flight.
* Efficiency in scale.
* Monitors should support thousands of machines on reasonably tight intervals:
* e.g. ICMP 10 pings over 10 seconds, repeat every 5 minutes -- over several thousands of IPs.
* HTTP request several URLs checking for content and/or HTTP code over thousands of machines.
* Delegated deployment.
* centralized configuration management.
* decentralized configuration manipulation.
* Applying policies (such as notification and escalation) to large groups of service