[Reconnoiter-users] configure: error: libprotobuf-c required

Nagaraj Ramakanth shet nagarajrshet.biet at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 01:15:49 EDT 2012

Hi all

I am installing reconnoiter on my ubuntu 10.04,but now i’m facing
the problem in setting up the build ,

I opened a terminal and typed the following

nagarajshet at localhost:~$cd reconnoiter

nagarajshet at localhost:~/reconnoiter$ autoconf

nagarajshet at localhost:~/reconnoiter$./configure

I am getting following Error

checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for inline... inline
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for ar... /usr/bin/ar
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for xsltproc... /usr/bin/xsltproc
checking for xmllint... /usr/bin/xmllint
checking for java... /usr/bin/java
checking for java... (cached) /usr/bin/java
checking for javac... /usr/bin/javac
checking for javac... (cached) /usr/bin/javac
checking for jar... /usr/bin/jar
checking for jar... (cached) /usr/bin/jar
checking for nroff... /usr/bin/nroff
checking enable build/install of the Java IEP and Jezebel bits... yes
checking size of char... 1
checking size of short int... 2
checking size of int... 4
checking size of long int... 8
checking size of long long int... 8
checking size of void *... 8
checking for umem_cache_create in -lumem... no
checking for compress2 in -lz... yes
checking for sem_init in -lrt... yes
checking for sem_wait in -lposix4... no
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
checking for protobuf_c_message_get_packed_size in -lprotobuf-c... no
configure: error: libprotobuf-c required

If i give make command i am getting following errors

nagarajshet at localhost:~/reconnoiter$ make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

nagarajshet at localhost:~/reconnoiter$ sudo mkdir -p /usr/local/java/libmake
nagarajshet at localhost:~/reconnoiter$ sudo make install
make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.

I’m getting the problem in the last 3 command any solutions?please revert
back

Thank you