[Reconnoiter-users] Reconnoiter live demos around?
msteele at beringmedia.com
Wed Nov 2 09:36:08 EDT 2011
I've just recently setup reconnoiter and here's what I think.
- Architecturally, its' great. It's got some pretty cool features. It
will scale to very large installations
- The cli interface to noit is great
- The IEP engine can do some very powerful things around alerting, fault
- Live graphs that update as data is received
- Lots of plugins
- Security baked in via SSL client/server certs
- There's very little documentation and not many examples.
- The UI is very basic and is only for graphing. It's got some bugs.
- There's no dashboard for the status (up/down) of the monitored services
- No alerting built-in (fairly easy to build yourself though). See
- There's a bit of a learning curve around Esper (less of a problem if
you're familiar with SQL)
This is a solution which is going to require some time getting your head
around, if you don't have time to fiddle with things this probably isn't
the solution for you.
The comparison to ganglia is quite good actually, although ganglia is
probably easier to setup.
Mark Steele, CISSP, CSM
Bering Media Inc.
On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 8:01 AM, Cosimo Streppone <cosimo at streppone.it>wrote:
> Hi there,
> does anyone know if there's some live demos of
> reconnoiter around?
> I'd like to get a feeling of the UI, features,
> etc... without having to setup tens or hundreds
> of hosts and then find out that r. is not
> the tool for me.
> Found this message from 2009 by Theo:
> Did something change in the meanwhile?
> The oscon video is ok, but something like this would be great:
> Turning it upside down: did you setup reconnoiter?
> Can you provide me with even limited access to it?
> Reconnoiter-users mailing list
> Reconnoiter-users at lists.**omniti.com <Reconnoiter-users at lists.omniti.com>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Reconnoiter-users