[Reconnoiter-users] Alerts

Devin Reade gdr at gno.org
Fri Jun 10 14:13:05 EDT 2011

I've been lurking here for a short time and reading the various docs
etc.  I am now sufficiently annoyed with other products that it's time
to get my feet wet with reconnoiter.

The big unanswered question for me at this time is having to do
with alerts, specifically watching for events of interest and
being able to initiate emails and SMS messages, along with
escalation, maint windows, and all the other usual stuff.

As far as I can tell, there is is nothing right now in the main
distribution of reconnoiter in this area, although from what I can
see from browsing the list archives it looks like there have
been some efforts in this direction.

So what is the summary of this aspect right now?  What are people
using for their alerting solutions wrt reconnoiter?  Of that, how
much of that is integration of existing products vs custom programming?

The ability to put together a 'bare minimum' for alerting right now
and be able to improve it over time would be just fine.

Devin