[Reconnoiter-users] Error compiling Java

Kurt Yoder kyoder.loc at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 18:00:00 EDT 2009

Hello list,

Something is up with compiling Java components:

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/kurt/reconnoiter/src/java'
- compiling files
gcj-4.2: warning: already-compiled .class files ignored with -C
com/omniti/reconnoiter/MQListener.java:15: error: The import
com.espertech cannot be resolved
       import com.espertech.esper.client.EPServiceProvider;
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
com/omniti/reconnoiter/MQListener.java:20: error: EPServiceProvider
cannot be resolved to a type
       private EPServiceProvider epService;
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

<trimmed a bunch of errors and warnings>

       import org.w3c.dom.Document;
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
com/omniti/reconnoiter/StratconMessage.java:17: warning: The import
org.w3c.dom.Element is never used
       import org.w3c.dom.Element;
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
148 problems (139 errors, 9 warnings)
make[2]: *** [reconnoiter.jar] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/kurt/reconnoiter/src/java'
make[1]: *** [java-bits] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/kurt/reconnoiter/src'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I have subversion/trunk, revision 957. Not sure what version that is.
Running on Ubuntu Hardy, Java-relevant packages:

sun-java6-jre
jarwrapper
gcj

How do I fix this?

By the way, configure never complained about missing Java build
dependencies. After I ran it *without* having these Java packages
installed, I had in my src/java/Makefile:

JAVA=
JAVAC=
JAR=

which of course bombed.