[Reconnoiter-users] Compiling on Solaris

Theo Schlossnagle jesus at omniti.com
Mon Aug 24 15:24:00 EDT 2009

On Aug 23, 2009, at 2:51 AM, Sam Freiberg wrote:

> I know that Reconnoiter is supposed to compile on Solaris. When I
> try to compile it I get the following error:
>
> [ ... snip ... ]
> I think what's happening is that it's pulling the compiler from apr
> (/opt/studio/SOS11/SUNWspro/bin/cc) instead of gcc that I'm using to
> compile. If that's correct is there a way to override it? And if not
> how have people compiled Reconnoiter on Solaris? I don't really want
> to compile everything by hand so I'm using packages from opencsw.org.

Sam,

The serf stuff is the only think that uses APR's build environment.
Getting the serf stuff to build using your compiler of choice may
require some elbow grease, but the rest should build fine based on
your selected compiler.  We build everything on Solaris here with Sun
Studio.

Best regards,

Theo

--