[Reconnoiter-users] Problems getting noitd and stratcond running on Debian

Sean Harvey sean at silverstripe.com
Wed Aug 12 02:35:33 EDT 2009

Hi all,

We've been trying to get Reconnoiter running on Debian lenny for the
last few days,
and have run into some issues.

Here are the steps we took to install:

apt-get install autoconf build-essential re2c default-jre openjdk-6-
jdk subversion zlib1g-dev
uuid-dev libpcre3-dev libssl-dev libpq-dev libxslt1-dev libapr1-dev
libaprutil1-dev xsltproc
libncurses5-dev python libssh2-1-dev libsnmp-dev libxml2-dev

cd /usr/local/src/
svn co https://labs.omniti.com/reconnoiter/tags/wangle reconnoiter

cd reconnoiter
autoconf
./configure CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/mysql"
make
make install

stratcond and noitd are now available in /usr/local/sbin, sample
configuration files in /usr/local/etc,
and the PostgreSQL schema and sample crontab in /usr/local/share. All
good from this point.

Running noit -D is reporting errors, specifically these ones:

bind failed[/tmp/noit]: Invalid argument
noitd: symbol lookup error: /usr/local/libexec/noit/http.so: undefined
symbol: serf_connection_create

Running stratcond -D reports these errors:

bind failed[/tmp/stratcon]: Invalid argument

epoll: fire on 5/2 to noit_connection_complete_connect(0x8063290)
eventer_SSL_fd_opset.c:257: errno: [11] Resource temporarily unavailable

Any ideas on what we're wrong here? Reconnoiter seems like an awesome
tool, and we'd love to
get it up and running! I'm assuming the error binding to those /tmp
locations is the reason why
it's not logging any data at the moment.

Regards,
Sean Harvey